Skip to content
MEdicAl university of south carolina – audiologist
- MUSC Position: category ” UNIV – Open Rank – Otolarngology (ENT) Audiology”
- New Audiologist position at MUSC due to growth and expansion. The Department of Otolaryngology has expanded to 23 Otolaryngologists including four Neurotologists and four Pediatric Otolaryngologists. In January 2020, the Division of Audiology will be expanding to 11 Audiologists with two primarily involved with the vestibular program. Diagnostic evaluations are provided primarily at the main campus of MUSC in downtown Charleston.
- Job summary: This is a full time position, requiring a minimum of 40 hours of work per week. Audiologist is responsible for providing outpatient and inpatient diagnostic Audiology services to patients requiring testing during appointments with ENT physicians and those on private schedule. The Audiologist will participate in evaluation and dispensing of amplification, assistive devices and osseointegrated devices. The Audiologist may also be involved in diagnostic vestibular assessments including VNG, Rotary Chair, Posturography, VEMP, and vHIT. Additionally, the Audiologist will participate in ongoing clinical research coordinated through the Department of Otolaryngology. Continuing education or additional training will be provided, as needed.
- MUSC Audiology Services Include: Behavioral Audiometric Assessments, Acoustic Immittance, Site of lesion ABR, TEOAE/DPOAE, Vestibular assessment including VNG, Rotary Chair, Posturography,VEMP, and vHIT, Intraoperative monitoring of auditory evoked potentials, Evaluation and dispensing of amplification, Cochlear Implant candidacy evaluations, Diagnostic programming of implantable devices, including osseointegrated devices and cochlear implants.
- As this is an academic position, the Audiologist will also be responsible for instruction of Interns and Residents within the ENT Department, in addition to supervising of 4th year Audiology Doctoral students. Lectures to Residents and other house-staff may be required. Participation in Audiology Seminars is expected.
- Qualifications: Doctor of Audiology Degree from accredited institution, ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence, SC Audiology Licensure, 1+ year of experience.
- Link to job positing and application: http://careers.pageuppeople.com/756/cw/en-us/job/518124/univ-open-rank-otolarngology-ent-audiology
- Questions should be directed to:
- Kimberly Astrid Orr, Au.D., CCC-A
- Director of Audiology
- Medical University of South Carolina
- 135 Rutledge Avenue #216
- MSC 550
- Charleston, SC 29425
- Phone: 843-792-9671, Fax: 843-792-0553, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
wayne state university – faculty position
- The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Wayne State University is accepting applications for a 9-month tenured/tenure-track faculty appointment. We are seeking candidates with a specialization in audiology or hearing science; however, individuals with specialization in child language development and disorders are encouraged to apply. The candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, develop and maintain a line of research in the specialty area, and participate in a strong comprehensive academic, clinical, and research environment.
Wayne State University is a premier, public, urban research university located in the heart of Detroit where students from all backgrounds are offered a rich, high quality education. Our deep rooted commitment to excellence, collaboration, integrity, diversity and inclusion creates exceptional educational opportunities preparing students for success in a diverse, global society. WSU encourages applications from women, people of color and other underrepresented people. WSU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
- Located in Midtown Detroit’s cultural district, Wayne State University also boasts affiliations with the region’s largest network of hospitals (Detroit Medical Center, Henry Ford and Beaumont Hospitals) with access to an extensive urban and suburban population for research recruitment and clinical work. WSU is a nationally recognized urban center of excellence in research and holds both Carnegie One “Highest Research Activity” and “Community Engagement” designations.
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders offers degrees for students pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, AuD, or PhD. The department has 13 full-time faculty and an extensive affiliated faculty. The graduate programs in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology are fully accredited by the CAA. The department provides students a comprehensive clinical experience with on-site clinics and a wide network of community partnerships that also provide excellent opportunities for research.
- The candidate is required to have an AuD/PhD or a PhD in Communication Sciences and Disorders, Audiology, Hearing Science, Speech-Language Pathology, or related fields. Clinical and teaching experience is highly desirable. An active research agenda and evidence of extramural funding commensurate with rank are expected. The position carries a substantial body of fringe benefits including newly renovated research space. Wayne State University offers competitive salary commensurate with rank and qualifications.Submit an application online at https://jobs.wayne.edu/ and reference posting #044729. Send supporting documents (cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 professional references) to Dr. Derek Daniels, email@example.com (Search Committee Chair). Application Deadline: Until Filled.
ENT ASSOCIATES OF FORT WAYNE, IN
- Independent ENT practice of 14 physicians in northeast Indiana seeks clinical audiologist interested in specializing in diagnosis and management of balance disorders to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, motivated, self-driven, highly organized Audiologist eager to work in a team environment.
- Qualified candidates must hold an Au.D. or Master’s degree and hold or be eligible for an Indiana audiology license. Ideal candidates will have a strong diagnostic background as well as excellent interpersonal skills allowing effective relationships with a diverse patient and colleague population. Salary is commensurate with experience. Our generous benefits package includes PTO, paid holidays, medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K, licensing/certification and continuing education allowance.
- The successful candidate with be proficient in rotary chair, computerized dynamic posturography, VEMPS, VNG and ECochG’s. Other position duties may include: Perform and interpret comprehensive diagnostic testing to determine the type and degree of hearing impairment for pediatric and adult populations for both ENT physician use as well as The Hearing Center. The ability to effectively interact with stakeholders including patients, referring physicians and co-workers is essential.
- Visit www.enthearingcenter.com and www.entfw.com to learn more about our practice.
- For immediate consideration, send your resume and references: firstname.lastname@example.org
JAMES H. QUILLEN VA MEDICAL CENTER
- James H. Quillen VA Medical Center: currently recruiting for a Research Audiologist. For more information and to apply please visit USA Jobs at the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521584600 .(Applications will only be accepted thru USA Jobs. Please do not submit application packets via fax, mail or email.)
- About the James H. Quillen VA Medical Center:
James H. Quillen VA Medical Center is a tertiary care facility. It is a teaching hospital, providing a full range of patient care services, with state-of-the-art technology as well as education and research. Comprehensive health care is provided through primary care, tertiary care, and long-term care in areas of medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, oncology, dentistry, geriatrics, and extended care In addition to providing acute care, the James H. Quillen VA Medical Center offers geriatric and rehabilitation services through its 120-bed Community Living Center. The facility also operates a 150-bed Domiciliary that offers a variety of treatment options, which includes a Homeless inpatient treatment program and Homeless Outreach. A U.S. National Cemetery is also located on the grounds of the VA.
- About Johnson City: Johnson City can best be described as a goal-oriented, high-energy, family-centered city with diverse economic components. Education, business, industry, civic and community organizations, and local government pull together to keep the city moving forward. Experience invigorating music, amazing outdoor activities, and enchanting culture and history. Local festivals include Unity in the Community Festival http://www.umojajc.org/, Blue Plum Festival, Apple Festival, and the Rhythm and Roots Reunion in nearby Bristol Tennessee/Virginia. Enjoy year round outdoor activities at our area lakes and parks, and just a stone’s throw away you’ll find renowned attractions such as Barter Theatre, Bristol Motor Speedway and Asheville North Carolina’s Biltmore House. For the Sports enthusiast you can cheer on future baseball hall of famers with the area’s rookie league baseball team – the Johnson City Cardinals! Johnson City offers an affordable cost of living, no state income tax, and excellent schools and universities! Start your Adventure in Johnson City, Tennessee! A Hometown Heart with a Big City Soul! Visit us on: https://www.facebook.com/JohnsonCityCVB